On-page SEO (on-page search engine optimization) is just one part of website optimization. When you are building a website for your business, consider the smaller factors that influence on-page SEO Some of the things involved in on-page Raleigh search engine optimization are:
- Quality domain name– does your domain name on your site contain important keywords for your business or industry?
- Proper keyword selection– do you have a good selection of keywords spread throughout your content?
- Proper usage of META tags– behind the scenes tags that can give you that little boost you need to move up, another place to put keywords.
- Visually appealing web content– paragraphs, proper breaks, good usage of images. Nobody is going to sit down and read a long block of text.
- Good content– is your content fresh and organic? Does it actually offer the reader anything? You have to think – why would someone spend their time on my website?
- Easily understood content– Does your content explain what your company does or offers in words that are quickly and easily understood by the target visitor?
- Properly tagged items/images– with ALT tags using proper keywords. These are there both for SEO purposes and so visually impaired persons can get an idea of what your image is of also.
- Good keyword density– using the target keywords and phrases in your content enough to get the search engine’s attention.
- Good page naming practices – You want it all to make sense and flow together well. Nobody is going to visit a page if it doesn’t sound relevant to them so think about what people are going to look for.
- Using keywords in heading tags – These carry a lot of weight to them, not having them optimized is a huge waste.
- Internal page linking strategy – all internal pages need to be linked together so that any authority one-page gains is shared across the site. This can be as simple as a full menu showing on every page or even just physical links on every single page pointing to the next.
START WITH A GOOD WEBSITE SEO PLAN
The best website starts off knowing what keywords and key phrases will be used and targeted, what the target market is – be it Raleigh or some other city/town, and what kind of visitors you ideally want to be actually buying your product or service. When we design a website at Raleigh Web Design, we always have search engine optimization and optimizing for it in the back of our mind. We spend time really learning what your company offers so we can best market it for you. We spend time running the numbers for how many people are searching for your services in your area and exactly what terms are being used to find companies or services like yours so we can keep up with any changes. The best way to lose rankings is simply not keeping up with what the search engines are favoring at the time and not always working to have as complete an SEO profile as possible.
When we build a website, we use all of the info we have gained to start you off on the best footing search engine optimization wise that we can. We can’t guarantee any particular placement, but we can often rank a new site higher right off the bat than your existing site was ranking. It is important to start with a well optimized site, the rest can fall into place and just take some tweaking. In highly competitive markets/services, we can spend more time after launch to get our clients to the front page. If you want to learn more about our SEO process as a whole, please check out our Search Engine Optimization page here. Click here if you want to learn more in-depth about just on-site SEO.